Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Israel

I pride myself on my ability to sleep anywhere when I'm tired, just ask anyone who knows me really well.  However, if I skip a few time zones, even a cozy bed, in pitch black darkness, isn't going to lull my wide awake brain to sleep.  So, rather than force my jet lagged mind to form coherent sentences, with correctly spelled words (high standards, I know), here are a few photos from our trip.
Waking up at 3am didn't seem so bad after we saw the view.
From top to bottom: Sun over the Jordanian Mountains, 
the Dead Sea and Masada
If you want to feel out of shape try Masada's Snake Path.  38 minutes to the top and 900 stairs.
Judean Desert: Glad we were visiting in January
The Dead Sea has the lowest elevation on earth at -427 meters.  
Yes, you float, but don't drink the water.
Old City Jerusalem from Haas Promenade
The most delicious felafel off of Jaffa Street in Jerusalem.  I really, really
wish I was eating this right now.
A tea stand at a large street market, Machane Yehuda, in Jerusalem.  Best food crawl, ever.
Afternoon stroll through Dizengoff Square, Tel Aviv
Winner of cutest and most appropriate graffiti ever
on Sheinkin Street, Tel Aviv
I went on a food tour and our first stop: Best hummous in Tel Aviv!  Warm, creamy, and satisfying.  
I even tried eating it in a more local manner with raw, white onion.  
A bold move, but surprisingly good.
 HaCarmel Market displays strawberry season in Israel
In retrospect, I should've eaten more ice cream.
I could've sampled every bowl, but I think the vendor was getting sick of me.
Fortunately I timed my one and only run along the Tayelet with the best sunset of the trip.
An unexpectedly delicious breakfast at the hotel.  Muesli, yogurt, and fruit.
Birthday trip to Petra, Jordan.  Look familiar?
This long distance photo illustrates my comfort level with camels.

I've never eaten so much good bread in my entire life.  
More to come on this tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment